Re: sending mail via php and unix box-clients thinks it's spam

Here is what I use as the header:

   $header="From:info@xxxxxxxxxx\r\nContent-Type: text/html";

Thanks!

On 5/31/06, Richard Lynch <ceo@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:

On Tue, May 30, 2006 12:45 pm, blackwater dev wrote:
> I have a site running on a linux box.  If I use my mail server via an
> email
> client, the email works fine but if I send email through the mail
> function,
> clients mark it as spam.  I see the line in php.ini for SMTP but that
> says
> windows only.  How do I tell php to use my mail server?

While it is possible that the IP has been logged as a spammer, it's
more likely that the email headers are tripping you up...

Compare the two sets of email headers and see what you get, and also
look at the information provided by the spam filters about WHY they
think it's spam.

--
Like Music?
http://l-i-e.com/artists.htm