Re: captcha or other recommendations

On Wed, May 24, 2006 3:30 am, Angelo Zanetti wrote:
> I've been playing with captcha for one of my sites. It works well but
> have had a few issues integrating it into the site and sometimes it
> appears not to work/show the textfield and graphic.
>
> Anyway are there any other suggestions for something with similiar
> functionality as captcha and what are your experiences with these code
> bases?

There are dozens, nay, hundreds of CAPTCHA implementations.

Maybe you picked a sucky one.

It's really hard for us to say, since you don't tell us which one you
are using...

There are innumerable possible places for the system to break down,
but without knowing which implementation and seeing the source, we
could never begin to guess.

The only CAPTCHA I ever actually used to stop Bad Guys was a hokey
roll-my-own that doesn't even attempt to defeat OCR.

But I've also had to default a CAPTCHA using OCR, and it wasn't that
tricky, for that particular impelementation.

That's all the info I can give without you re-posting a better question.

--
Like Music?
http://l-i-e.com/artists.htm