Re: Re: Can php convert doc to HTML?

my 2cents ....

Martin Alterisio wrote:
2006/5/23, Dotan Cohen <dotancohen@xxxxxxxxx>:

On 5/23/06, Martin Alterisio <malterisio777@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> If that's the case, why don't you just use the "export as web page" or
"save
> as web page" tools of MS Word (if you don't have it anymore you can as
> someone who still has it, or I think OpenOffice also has a similar
tool).

Because there are 200 of them.

Dotan Cohen
http://what-is-what.com
323

Open file, choose file, save as web page, close file ~ 2 minutes
200 files * 2 minutes = 400 minutes ~ 7 hours
How much hours have you wasted looking for a php script?

even if it takes him 14 hours to find a script and get it working
he will have:

a, learnt quite abit about php'ing/html/etc
b, have the basis for a tool that can convert any future .doc
files that he finds/get thrown at him.

Martin the suggestion you give sucks because it doesn't empower,
it leaves Dotan with a sore wrist and no gain in knowledge...

maybe it's  good advice for 'noobs' on an Office mailing
but this is a lsit about programming (sure it's php and plenty of IT
related people consider us phpers to be the pretty much the lowest form
of programmer - well not as low as VBscripters ;-) - anyone reading, posting
here, I would hope, aspires to a little more than PHB's secretary with
regards to their IT skills.

Anyway, I understand... it's a pain in the ass. Whay you're doing wrong is:
you have turned your solution into a problem and forgot what the real
problem was.

this assumes there is a 'problem' - maybe Dotan is driven more or less
by a desire to see if he can do it rather than being up against some deadline
or having his boss breathing down his neck waiting for a result?