Re: Can php convert doc to HTML?

On 5/23/06, tedd <tedd@xxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:> At 7:09 PM +0300 5/23/06, Dotan Cohen wrote:> >This may be far-fetched, but can php convert a doc file to HTML? I> >vaguely remember a thread that discussed converting pdf's, but I> >cannot find reference to either that or to doc in the manual. Any> >input would be appreciated.> >> >If php cannot do this, then could someone recommend a tool that runs> >on linux that can do the conversion in batch? I have ~200 files to> >convert.> >> >Thanks.> >> >Dotan Cohen>> Dotan:>> What kind of documents and how to do want to present them?>> PHP can generate html code and place any text file within in it --> it's simple a matter of arranging things the way you want it to look.> For example, you might want to review:>> http://www.weberdev.com/get_example-1233.html>> In fact, you can do that without php by using a shtml and includes.>> But, more specifically, I need to know more about what documents you> have and you what you want to do with them.>> tedd
Thanks for the example, Tedd. That script would work if I already hadthe files in HTML format.
I have about two hundred .doc files that I have archived over theyears. Now that I'm rid of windows I would still like to use them. Ifigure that the easiest way to still view the documents, and make themavailable for others in my faculty, would be to publish them ondotancohen.com . However, I'd need to convert them from .doc format toHTML before I can put them on the web.
I know that I can just drag it all over to a winbox at the universityand convert them one-by-one in Word, but I'd rather not do that to 200individual files!
Dotan Cohenhttp://gmail-com.com56