Re: Running two versions of PHP locally

Scott Hurring wrote:
> On 5/19/06, John Hicks <johnlist@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

	[snip]

>> It looks like 'application/x-httpd-php' is the default type for php4.
>> Does php5 have a different type? Is there a way to explicitly assign a
>> new type to a module?

	[snip]

> I'd be interested to know if anyone does get both php4 & php5 modules
> installed together without file extention hints or port proxying.

	[snip]

I took a quick look, and just changing the type to x-httpd-php5 for
example (by editting the source) is not enough. The two modules are
in eachothers way, there are double free's and segfaults that are
not easy to find when you load both modules in one apache (at least,
not for someone who is not an apache/php source code expert).

Gr,

Koen