Re: Running two versions of PHP locally

You should be able to do that with PHP4 and PHP5.

However, most people don't wnat to have to use "php5" and "php4" as file
extensions but rather want to be able to say, "everything on blah.com use
php5 and everything on foo.org use php4"... or even to specify differeing
versions within a single host (on a per-directory basis)

You can easily accomplish this by using PHP4 as a module and PHP5 as CGI
(and i'm sure other ways as well, but ive only personally done it this way)

It makes it very easy to selectively downgrade (or upgrade) depending on
your needs without having to jump through file-naming hoops or proxy ports,
etc...