Re: Parsing a stdClass Object created with mimeDecode

Richard Lynch wrote:
On Tue, May 16, 2006 1:41 am, Stut wrote:
it meets your requirements, but bear in mind that an email is not
required to have a text/plain part.

... unless you actually want people to read it.

HTML-only email will get nuked by spam filters and plain-text-only
email readers. Don't do it.

For that matter, even HTML-enhanced (cough, cough) email is much more
likely to be IGNORED than a simple plain-text email.

Absolutely true, I agree 100%. However, in this situation we're on the other end of the line where we don't control the email creation but we need to deal with it in whatever format it arrives in. The simple fact is that email is not required to contain a text/plain part, so it's not an assumption that is safe to make.

-Stut