Re: Does PECL install modify my php.ini? or even look at it?

On Tue, May 16, 2006 10:34 am, D. Dante Lorenso wrote:
> Richard Lynch wrote:
>> On Thu, May 11, 2006 6:02 pm, D. Dante Lorenso wrote:
>>
>>>     > pecl install memcache
>>>
>> Is it possible that pecl has an --extension-dir flag to tell it
>> WHERE
>> to install stuff, or perhaps an optional command line arg or ...
>> Cuz, really, the odds on it being where you want it to be are pretty
>> slim.
>>

> Odds would be increased if 'pecl' would look at what I've already
> declared in the PHP.ini file ;-)

Okay, then you need to add a parameter to the command line to tell
pecl where your php.ini file is, because it is *NOT* going to be in
the place pecl "thinks" it will be on many many many machines.

You haven't done anything but change the keywords and force pecl to
dig through a php.ini file instead of just providing the info in the
first place.

--
Like Music?
http://l-i-e.com/artists.htm