Re: Going nuts with this, cant figure out whats the prob

On Mon, May 15, 2006 7:30 am, Ryan A wrote:
> The thing is, I thought this was bundled with the
> standard package of PHP, if yes, why would anybody
> want to turn this off?

PCRE got added after POSIX Regex had been in awhile.

There was some resistance to having two Regexes in PHP.

I think the default is "on" these days for PCRE.

One viable reason to turn it "off" might be to conserve RAM -- I
daresay PCRE takes up a goodly chunk of RAM for its codebase, if
you're really scrimping and saving...  This would make more sense in
something like an embedded PHP app rather than shared hosting
environment.

--
Like Music?
http://l-i-e.com/artists.htm