Re: Re: Re: Upload File (binary files?)

Plus, a dB has search capabilities that a file system doesn't --
that's probably the reason why dB's came into existence, right?

Last time I checked we had tools to search the filesystem. locate, find and awk spring to mind.

So, you are claiming that those file-system tools match all the functionally that MySQL offers? Interesting -- when was the last time you looked into that claim?

As for overhead and time to process stuff -- that's just a current
observation and the "problem" (if there is one) will most certainly
pass.

I think the future on this is pretty clear as to what regime will be
preferable for data organization. Not that I'm implying such to you,
I remember DOS types saying "What moron will ever use a mouse?" and
now they're saying "Only Idiots and Morons place images in dB's".

To each their own.

lets just hope I never have to maintain your code.

We're not talking about my code, nor did I make this thread personal. Attacks on me do nothing to support your argument.

tedd