Re: php.dev, network timeout??

"Jon" <jon@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote in message news:39.3A.19568.83025644@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

According to my thunderbird configuration I am using news.php.net. As far as I know our office's ISP does not have any sort of transparent cache or proxy for newsgroups, however I am having someone try to verify that for me. The connection difficulties I'm having with news.php.net are far out of proportion to any of the minor difficulties I have experienced with other external network services.

I wonder if it could be a geographic thing as I experience intermittent connection glitches with the news.php.net server