Re: Good Answers

Yeah, to think we used to have English Majors as the wait-staff in
restaurants and drive-thrus so you at least were understood when giving
your food and drink order...

Richard Lynch wrote:
<SNIP>
> PHP *has* lowered the "entry barrier" ridiculously low, to the point
> where we've got "idiots and English majors" writing really cool
> software -- complete with a total lack of any security features
> whatsoever.
>
> We've made it so damn easy -- Isn't it our responsibility, to some
> degree, to warn users that they really do need to buy those trigger
> guards and locked cabinets and store the ammo separately from the
> weapon?

<SNIP>
> I sometimes think PHP is a like a loaded gun in the hands of a child,
> it's just too damn easy to use and to get yourself into serious
> trouble SO quickly and easily.

Yeah, though you know you can require things and make them mandatory
when giving someone the weapon, but you sure can't make them use them.

But I agree 100%.  I know I used to write some crappy code, but I am
definitely trying to get better about it all.

Wolf