Re: How to get incoming emails captured by PHP ?

Adrian wrote:
Hi All

I have been trying to have PHP capture incoming emails sent to a specific
email account and have not been able to achieve this, I have searched high
and low on the internet and the same article
(http://www.evolt.org/article/Incoming_Mail_and_PHP/18/27914/index.html) is
plastered everywhere I have done everything it says, and still no joy,
When I send an email to be captured I receive this bounce back email when
sending an email to ade@xxxxxxxxxx (see below)

Can any one let a hand?

Bounce back email:

|/wwwroot/www.domain.com/ade/email.php

    (reason: 255)

    (expanded from: <ade@xxxxxxxxxx>)

No input file specified.

554 5.3.0 unknown mailer error 255

Here is how I have everything setup.

I have my aliases file set up with the line: ade: |/usr/bin/php,
|/wwwroot/www.domain.com/ade/email.php

Why are you passing it to the php binary? Pass it directly to your script (make sure it's executable). For shits and giggles, do a 'which php' at the command line to make sure the binary is in /usr/bin.

(The path to my PHP is correct)

And the script it calls (email.php) the code is:

#!/usr/bin/php
<?php

$fd = fopen("php://stdin", "r");

There's also an easier way to do this.  Check the manual:
http://us2.php.net/manual/en/features.commandline.php

$email = "";

while (!feof($fd)) {

    $email .= fread($fd, 1024);