Re: PHP suddenly stops working on FreeBSD

On 10/05/06, Riemer Palstra <riemer@xxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
These are rather recent versions of both, so I'm suspecting an upgrade
was done recently which didn't make PHP all that happy. This is PHP
built from the port /usr/ports/lang/php4? Go to that dir, type 'make
config', make sure the APACHE knob is checked, en deinstall/reinstall
that port. Be sure the LoadModule line above is then uncommented and try
a restart again.

Cheers, I checked make config (highly useful command, didn't know you
could do that) and for some reason the APACHE option wasn't checked -
I have absolutely no idea why because it's always worked in the past,
perhaps it's disabled by default now or something. Anyway, after
rebuilding PHP it created the shared object file and a quick
shutdown/restart of Apache later everything was working.

Thanks for the help everyone, especially the FreeBSD-specific stuff
that I probably wouldn't have seen otherwise. :)

Paul

--
Data Circle
http://datacircle.org