Re: Echo a value from an arrays position

On Thu, May 4, 2006 9:09 am, John Wells wrote:
> On 5/4/06, Ford, Mike <M.Ford@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
>> They're not even that. They're pure associative arrays, or maps --
>> it's just that integer keys are treated somewhat specially so that
>> an array with *only* integer keys will look like a traditional
>> array.
>
> True true, thanks for making it crystal clear!

IIRC, PHP/FI (aka PHP2) actually did have two different underlying
datatypes for hashes and arrays, and the code was simplified in PHP3
to just special-treat hashes with all-numeric indices...

I cannot be certain of this -- It's possible that the dichotomy has
always been a victim of mis-information.

Conceptually, for beginners (or Perl guys) it's maybe easier to
pretend they're "different" though :-)

--
Like Music?
http://l-i-e.com/artists.htm