RE: Test URL length please (Pretty much 0T)

Hey,
Thanks for replying and testing it out.

> Without any tweaking of the server mine went up to
> 4000 without a
> problem. However, 5000 always times out.
>
> Fx 1.5, Apache 2, Fedora 4, PHP 4.3.11

Cool...

> Are you sure you searched on this subject?

> "maximum url length" in Google turns up a number of
> resources saying "2083" due to IE's limit.

Yes, I mentioned that in my original post...but read
that carefully, it says "IE's limit",not everyone uses
IE and if you continue sifting through googles results
you will see that it also mentions some servers
settings may allow more or less. Infact, your test
itself proves that it was worth it coz you took it way
up more than the 2083 limit that you found :-)

I am on a windows machine running apache 1.3, no
problems, I wanted to know if anybody else had a
problem running it on their servers (differnet
platforms, different browsers etc).

Everything good!

Thanks,
Ryan

------
- The faulty interface lies between the chair and the keyboard.
- Creativity is great, but plagiarism is faster!
- Smile, everyone loves a moron. :-)
-----
Fight back spam! Download the Blue Frog.
http://www.bluesecurity.com/register/s?user=bXVzaWNndTc%3D