RE: Creating an OO Shopping Cart

Edward Vermillion <mailto:evermillion@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
    on Wednesday, May 03, 2006 4:15 PM said:

> Ahhhhhh!!!!!! *thud*
>
> Count me in the heart attack group. So would it be a reasonable risk
> if it was *your* cc # that was stolen? And do your customers *know*
> that you're handling their sensitive info in this way? I.E. is there
> a big red lettered notice that they see before they hit submit?
>
> Would *you* be willing to have your cc sitting in the db at all
> times? I'd think that would be a reasonable request.

Overall I think you bring up a good point but I don't think our method
is unreasonable. There's risk involved in everything and I do in fact
think it is a reasonable risk, even for my cc. I bought something
oversees once and my cc was used to buy jewelry in another country. That
was a number of years ago and I've since made numerous other purchases
on the internet (without any problems). Those purchases were made on
both well known and mom&pop shops around the world.

I'm definitely open to suggestions on how we can minimize our customers'
risk. Even moving to an online cc processor if need be. In fact I
wouldn't be surprised if our current merchant account company has the
ability to process cards online. But until that kind of system can be
implemented what suggestions do you have for me right now?

Chris.