Re: Sanity checker?

How would you define ie. a sane case or elseif statment without knowing more about the code, how it is executed or included files that effect the file. File that the checker possibly doesnt have
access to.

Björn Bartels wrote:

Hi, there...

agreeing with other posts, i'd say this could "easily" be done
by quality management. don't know if there are any recommended
international standards [ www.iso.org ] , but i think this would be a
good start. worst case, you will have to define those rules all by
yourself.
as far as i know there are some university projects trying to build some
piece of software to do that...

bb

Well,

Since my original post failed to generate reasonable feedback, not even
a successful kick at people's funny bone or a flame, let me restate my
question with a story.

Php reduces the barrier to web development quite a bit, such that less
technical people can jump in really easily. In one side, this is great
because it helps the adoption of the language, and more people get to
create their dynamic websites.

The flip to it is that many non-technical people write low quality php
code, which in turn make their code vulnerable and not scalable.

I envision a tool that would audit your php code, and tell you if your
code is good or not, if it has scaling issues, etc, etc. Basically it
tells if your php code is "sane" or not.

I have a few ideas of how a sane php code should look like, but I
certainly don't know everything. That's the reasons behind my earlier
questions. Basically I am looking for things to check in codes that
pose
high running time risks. Or even simpler, I am looking for best
practices, advices, guidelines that you would give to new php
developers.

So here are the questions again:

Does anyone know of any tools to test the sanity of your php code?

If you were to check the sanity of your code, what would you look for?

Any pointers for other resources?

Thank you
Ezra

Does anyone know of any tools to test the sanity of your php code?

If you were to check the sanity of your code, what would you look
for?
Hidden messages encoded in the whitespace.

-robin

Björn Bartels
-Development/IT-Services-

dbusiness.de gmbh