Re: Zend refuses to include file while parser finds it

Nicolas Verhaeghe wrote:
When I run the Zend debugger, it returns an error telling me it cannot find
a certain include, while when I run the site it works fine.

My development machine is a WIMP (the server is a LAMP but it's not relevant
here).

there is a world of difference between IIS and Apache - might I suggest you
install a copy of apache on your local machine and use that instead, it
would rule out another difference between the dev and production envs.

This is not the first include in this site, but the first include inside of
an include:

require("includes/initiate.php");

I have tried pretty much everything:

require("initiate.php");
require("/includes/initiate.php");
require("./initiate.php");

And a few others more exotic.

The error I get is:

Debug Warning: C:\Inetpub\wwwroot\bfbb\includes\pages\header.php line 3 -
main(includes/initiate.php): failed to open stream: No such file or
directory
Compile Error: C:\Inetpub\wwwroot\bfbb\includes\pages\header.php line 3 -
main(): Failed opening required 'includes/initiate.php'
(include_path='.;c:\php4\pear')

The include initiate.php calls a bunch of functions and classes.

Should I change the include_path to make Zend understand where to look? And
why don't I get the error message with the previous includes?

I am testing Zend to determine if it is good environment (currently using
Dreamweaver, which is not that bad, but I heard that Zend is the reference).

I have seen problems with Zend Server/Debugger related to includes/requires failing
where the file definitely does exist. the 'solution' in the cases where I was party was always
to restart apache - I'd add that I've only ever seen this happen on windows boxes
(local development).

It might be worth reinstalling everything and getting the apache2/php5 up2date
(and ofcourse installing the correct version of the zend extensions) so that your working with
a clean slate.

Thanks for the help!