XML Parsing, starting out.

Hello, 1st msg here so im excited what results i will get :)

Im a novice with php parsing and have been able to help myself quite well with what ive needed with xml_parse_into_struct and then echoing the fixed variable names but now im dealing with an xml document that is 1st quite large and 2nd changing gradually over time with either added data or changed information. (But not in large numbers)

http://www.camelotherald.com/xml/spells-si.xml

It is a spell listing for an online mmorpg. It has a "spell_list" that captures all other tags and a "spell_line" for each spell line. Within each spell line is a "spell" which has the detailed info for each spell with in the "spell_line"

I could parse this by echoing the fixed variables but due to its size and the changes done over time its just to much work. This is why i come to a stop. Ive read some guides and tried some example code that should help me through this.

What i hoped to get is an example with the xml i provided so i could work with it to complete the project.

The example could look something like this:

Header with the selected "spell_line" name ie. "Calefaction" and below that the spell info in some dummy table format. Then the next "spell_line" which is "Path of Earth" then with the spell info in some dummy table setup.

Thanks for reading and i hope someone can show me the light of a real xml parse.