Re: Includes and paths confusion

Nick Wilson wrote:
* and then Jochem Maas declared....

Nick Wilson wrote:

use something *like* the following:

$oldincpath = ini_get('include_path');
ini_set('include_path', 'path/to/ads/stuff:etc');

// do your 'ads' requires

ini_set('include_path', $oldincpath);

Unfortunately that's pretty much the same thing we tried first on this.
Even with the include path set to include every directory that contains
a script we need to access, the same error happens.

check directory permission, check the include_path is being set,
check the include path is actually correct (I take it you have a good
understanding how include_path works).

also look into the magic constant __FILE__ and the functions dirname()
and realpath(). read the manual regard how to use 'include_path'

No, the ideal is to not touch the config.php file or any of the other

I would say fix the config file so that it can figure out where everything
is regardless of whether your using a vhost or stuck in subdir of some other
vhost. but thats just me :-)

required files (otherwise we may just aswell write our own) so those
functions and the __FILE__ constant are not usable.

maybe set a 'auto_prepend' directive via an .htaccess declaration in the
relevant dir?

Unless i miss your point?

thanks