Re: Includes and paths confusion

* and then Jochem Maas declared....
> Nick Wilson wrote:
> >Hello all, Im having some problems understanding why some requires() are failing.
> >Let me see if i can describe what's going on clearly...
> >I have this:
> >nick@communicontent > ls
> >ads/  config.inc  db.inc  funcs.inc  init.inc
> >where ads/ is a whole huge set of scripts from an existing setup. ads/
> >was originally placed on its own domain as it's a version of phpadsnew
> >and runs as a server all by itself.
> >I moved ads/ to this directory to try to troubleshoot and make things
> >clearer. db.inc has these lines:
>
> use something *like* the following:
>
> $oldincpath = ini_get('include_path');
> ini_set('include_path', 'path/to/ads/stuff:etc');
>
> // do your 'ads' requires
>
> ini_set('include_path', $oldincpath);

Unfortunately that's pretty much the same thing we tried first on this.
Even with the include path set to include every directory that contains
a script we need to access, the same error happens.

> also look into the magic constant __FILE__ and the functions dirname()
> and realpath(). read the manual regard how to use 'include_path'

No, the ideal is to not touch the config.php file or any of the other
required files (otherwise we may just aswell write our own) so those
functions and the __FILE__ constant are not usable.

Unless i miss your point?

thanks

--
Nick Wilson