Bug madness

Hi all, I have been mashing my head trying to debug a web app I have
written, the deadline is tomorrow and after implementing some changes a
subtle and difficult-to-pin-down bug has emerged.

I am not going to include code as there is too much of it, but here is the
general issue:

The app consists of three linked forms and three modules that process the
data passed in from the forms. All was sweet and perfect before today. The
forms are self-reloading, and after the data is checked, validated and
entered into the database the form is supposed to display a thank you
section. As part of the processing process (!), the scripts assemble and
send multipart mails to the entrants.

Now, when I submit the forms, I see a blank page - nothing, no html, no
error messages. I have added debugging functions at each point to track the
logic and they inform me that the processing functions get to the end (where
the mails are sent) where they should return to the caller (ie the form).
This does not happen. I have display_errors enabled and cannot seem to
locate the source of this issue.

Ambiguous I know, but it may be a recognisable issue to many of you, in
which case any advice would be greatly appreciated.

I am extremely calm.

--
http://www.web-buddha.co.uk

dynamic web programming from Reigate, Surrey UK (php, mysql, xhtml, css)

look out for project karma, our new venture, coming soon!