Re: I want to write a Multi-threaded PHP Application

Stut wrote:
D. Dante Lorenso wrote:

IMHO, if your main goal is to allow your threaded app to reuse existing PHP classes then your best bet is to investigate embedding PHP into something written in C or C++.

This is a very good point. I have also been looking into the idea pitched a few years ago about SRM -- Script Running Machine. There was a site set up here that held some promise:

   http://www.vl-srm.net/

The last post I can see here is dated 2004 and is one of those statements which claim that the project is not yet dead. Usually statements like that tend to forecast the eminent demise of the project. Since there have been no updates to the site in 1.5 years, I conclude that it is in fact dead.

SRM sold promise of creating an application server for PHP. This smells a little bit like Tomcat or JBoss and so was very much of interest. The current beta of SRM is designed for PHP 4, though and I want to be at bleading edge PHP 5 with XMLWriter and PDO etc. As I investigate my options, SRM is on the list as a potential area to explore further or somehow to revive as a project.

Dante