From: Evan Priestley [mailto:spam@xxxxxxxx]
Sent: Wednesday, April 26, 2006 2:16 PM
To: Warren Vail
Cc: 'PHP General List'
Subject: Re:  New Help with Javascript Navigation

No, I'm saying that Javascript can't read or write files on the client's
machine, and that this is only one of a large number of basic limitations in
the language's capabilities. It would be possible to write a script which
took "$a = 3" and converted it into "var a = 3", but a huge number of PHP
functions either can't be implemented in Javascript (file_get_contents) or
are fundamentally unsafe to implement in Javascript (mysql_query), so you'd
end up with a language you couldn't do anything with.

Evan