Re: New Help with Javascript Navigation

No, I'm saying that Javascript can't read or write files on the client's machine, and that this is only one of a large number of basic limitations in the language's capabilities. It would be possible to write a script which took "$a = 3" and converted it into "var a = 3", but a huge number of PHP functions either can't be implemented in Javascript (file_get_contents) or are fundamentally unsafe to implement in Javascript (mysql_query), so you'd end up with a language you couldn't do anything with.

Evan