Re: Serveral forms in a page.

On Tue, April 25, 2006 3:46 am, William Stokes wrote:
> I have several forms in a page which is ok otherwise but the reset
> buttons
> doesn't clear anything that is queried from DB and printed to the text
> fields. Any idea how to create Reset buttons that clear the fields
> even when
> the data is not from user input? Or do I have to create reset buttons
> that
> are actually submit buttons and play with variables after that or
> something
> like that? Javascript is the way I don't want to go...

If you rule out JavaScript (the correct solution, imho) then you
pretty much have correctly identified the only other option I know of:

"are actually submit buttons and play with variables after that or"

This will be dog-slow as it requires going back and forth from browser
to web-server.

To keep this on-topic, I presume that IF you could get the users to
install the PHPScript plug-in that Wez Furlong wrote, you could then
write client-side PHP to do what you want...  Though I have no idea
how stable that is, if anybody anywhere has actually installed it, nor
if it actually provides the functionality I presumed it does.

--
Like Music?
http://l-i-e.com/artists.htm