Re: strange php url

I believe Kevin is on the right track there. To expand a bit, you can use
$_SERVER['PATH_INFO'] with these urls instead of $_GET to make use of the
data it contains

example for url http://www.example.com/index.php/foo/bar
<?php
echo $_SERVER['PATH_INFO'];
?>

produces:
/foo/bar

You can then parse this string, (generally by using the '/' character as a
deliminator) and extract the data. MediaWiki even provides information
(can't think of where at the moment) on how to use Apache's mod_rewrite to
hide index.php thus making the url even cleaner:
http://www.example.com/foo/bar

Cheers!
- Joe