Re: Passing Form As Argument

At 3:46 PM -0700 4/20/06, Chris Kennon wrote:
I'm new to the list so "Hello" to all. I'm drafting a function.php page, which will be included() in the pages in need. How would I pass a form as an argument of a function? From the name parameter of the form element or perhaps an ID:

function checkForm(theForm){
	//Form validation code omitted.
}

You can't pass the form, but you can pass the form content, which is probably what you want anyway.

If it were me, I would place a form value ($theForm) in each fomr as a <input> hidden variable that would identify which form and I would pass that to your checkForm($theFrom) function.

From there, I would set up a switch which would channel your validation. The variables to validate, of course, would be in your $_POST or $_GET arrays. That should be simple enough.

Also, I seem to recall some caution is needed when using user-defined functions?

No more so than any other syntax, just do it right.

tedd