Re: How to add on libPDF to php

On 21 Apr 2006, at 10:20, Ko Ko wrote:

I am a newbie to libPDF and I am actually wanted to install it. When I look at the installation manual from the website it asked me to recompile with libPDF library directory. But if possible I don't wish to recompile the whole of PHP because I am using Suse Linux and PHP is packaged together with it. And I realize Suse works quite differently from Red Hat and not very used to it. Once I recompile a new PHP, I will be quite lost how to go on with it. Is there anyway I can easily add on this libPDF to PHP without recompiling. And I wonder where can I find this libpdf_php.so file. I only found libpdf.so file on my suse after installing libpdf to it.
  Help would be much appreciated. Thanks alot.

Do you desperately need to use PDFlib? If not then you could save yourself some hassle and use FPDF instead, which is extremely good, and easy to use! (no re-compile required) It has a good manual, example code and tutorials. Well worth a look if your PDF requirements are -relatively- simple. The really cool PDFlib features (like blocks support, or including other PDFs in the flow) costs a lot of money. Worth it if you are doing heavy and complex PDF generation, overkill if not.

Cheers,

Rich
--
http://www.corephp.co.uk