From: John Hicks [mailto:johnlist@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx]
Sent: Thursday, April 20, 2006 7:40 PM
To: Jay Paulson
Cc: php-general@xxxxxxxxxxxxx; mysql@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject:  Re: Run Apache/PHP/MySQL from CD?

Jay Paulson wrote:
> I have no idea if this is possible or not but is there a way to run
> Apache, PHP, and MySQL from a CD?  I'd like it to be possible to run
> it on Windows, Mac OSX and *nix.  If it is possible could someone
> point me in the right direction?
>
> Thanks!

XAMPP is a distribution of Apache, MySQL, PHP and Perl and is available
for Linux, Windows, OS X, and Solaris.
http://www.apachefriends.org/en/xampp.html

XAMPP-on-a-stick takes that a step further and installs it on a USB
drive. http://forum.textdrive.com/viewtopic.php?id=3081

Hope that helps.

--John