Re: PHP Script to open phpBB2 accounts

Weber Sites LTD wrote:

Not exactly, we are talking about two different sites with two different
Databases. Each site has it's own userbase and authentication will
Still be against the respected DB. I just want the account to be ready
For the user if he already opened it.

Are both sites on the same host using the same database server? If so why cause the extra work or duplicating the login details?

Obviously I can reverse engineer the phpBB2 code but that would be
A hard and long task since it's allot of code in allot of files.
If I don't have any other option I will probably do it but isn't the idea
To reuse code? If someone already wrote a script that does exactly
That, and is willing to share it, it will save me much time I can spend
doing other things on WeberDev.com. There are thousands of code
Examples on WeberDev, and they save allot of time to allot of people.
I was hoping someone could save me the time...

That's fair enough, and I agree that code reuse is good - I publish a fair amount myself. However, the correct place to ask for a solution to a phpBB-specific problem would be the phpBB community not the general PHP community. Or am I still high on "session"?

Btw, did you mean "four spring duck technique" or "four sprung duck
technique" ?

Either should work.

-Stut