Re: Pushing PHP Into The Web 2.0 Generation

Matt Todd wrote:
Oh, and for the record, my email address is mtodd@xxxxxxxxxxx, amongst
many others.

And what does me posting this up have anything to do with me being an *sshole?

Salman Rushie might have good reason to use a psuedonym - and probably
a few human-rights activists living china. not you though.

with regard to your 'article': this is php-land, php is probably
the simplest, most straight forward programming language on the planet -
we want to stay that way, it's for pragmatistics not OO fundamentalists.
we certainly don't like hype and everything Web2.0 is exactly that.

rather than telling us (and more importantly the php devs) how they
should supposedly be making php more 'human friendly' I suggest actually
writing a serious application. or start using .NET it has plenty of OTT
OO cruft for you to feel friendly about.

you hit a nerve - the community obviously want to clearly demonstrate that
it has no desire to sink into the nightmare you think we should all be living.

heh smile() * 5->times() it's not the end of the world.

M.T.