Re: Sessions Issues With 2 Instances On Same Server

On Thu, April 13, 2006 9:10 pm, Mark Sargent wrote:
> I'm looking at OSCommerce, and have been asked if running 2 instances
> on
> the same server would be doable. I only foresee perhaps issues with
> sessions. Has anyone got any thoughts on this? I'd be very
> appreciative
> of any help with this. I have installed already 2 instances on a test
> machine here at work. Cheers.

To know for sure, you'd have to ask an OSCommerce list...

Assuming they used standard PHP sessions, the number of installs is
irrelevant -- each session ID is unique because it is generated on the
first request.

The uniqueness isn't GUARANTEED, though.

Depending on your OS and what arguments you pass in to the uniqid
function, you're looking at the odds in your favor being AT LEAST 2
billion to 1.  Them's pretty good odds.

--
Like Music?
http://l-i-e.com/artists.htm