Re: How can I see where my script wasting time?

Use the EXPLAIN sql command to check what your queries are really doing, you'll have to read the manual for the database you're using to figure out the information returned by this command.

afan@xxxxxxxx wrote:

Hi to all!

I was developing one site with fake records in DB. Now, I put it live whit
real records. The site is running ok, but it's painfully slow. Even for
grabbing an order from DB and showing it on screen, from 1-2 sec (while
developing) went to almost 10-15 sec?!? No, of records for orders is a
little bit over 200,000 - what is not "so much".

I'm assuming that the problem is not in the script than in the way I built
queries.

My question is how can I check what's taking so long in execution of the
script/query?
Where to start with improving the script?

Thanks for any help.

-afan