Re: Common Files

Alister Bulman wrote:
On 16/04/06, Jochem Maas <jochem@xxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

Shaun wrote:

Hi,

We have a dedicated UNIX server running FreeBSD, is it possible to set a
directory where we can place a set of common files that can be used by all
of our web sites?

also check out PEAR (pear.php.net) which does exactly what you asked about,
the pear system may give you more/some ideas about how to structure and access
you common files.

I tend to collect all my common code into a single directory
heirarchy, and put a copy into the systems' PEAR directory.  Then I
can just go
require_once 'MyCompany/filename.php';

from anywhere on the system.  Until PEAR produces a module called
'MyCompany' (unlikely), it will live there entirely happily.

sounds like a good plan - in the future you could even consider setting
up your own pear channel (pear server) which houses custom packages
(e.g. 'MyCompany') which you could then install into any pear installation
you need it.

just a thought :-)

Alister