Re: Text database instead of MySql (Recommendations / Advise also welcome)

http://php.net/sqllite

I dunno how well it will do with "high traffic" though...

But at least it will work the same as the MySQL you are familiar with,
for the most part.

It's the same idea as what you are looking at now, but already built
into PHP and ready to rock and roll. :-)

You might just ask the host to install MySQL or switch hosts...

With all due respect to SQLite and the thing you've found, MySQL has
been pounded on a heck of a lot more, and is proven capable of
handling "high volume", in the right hands.

Actually, MySQL has sometimes handled "high volume" quite nicely up to
a point in the totally wrong hands. :-)

I really doubt that you're going to be happy with SQLite or TextDB on
a high volume server, tell you the truth.

On Thu, April 13, 2006 7:07 pm, Ryan A wrote:
> Hey,
>
> I have been asked to make a site that would be pretty high traffic...
> problem is, no MySql.
>
> Although i have messed around with php's file and directory commands I
> have
> never really made anything "really big" using them, I always used
> MySql,
> here I dont have that choice as the server itself does not have MySql
> installed.
>
> After a bit of seaching on the SEs I found quite a few links to have
> text
> databases and have kind of settled on this one:
> PHP Text DB (http://www.c-worker.ch/txtdbapi/index_eng.php)
>
> If anybody has any experience using the above, or would rather
> recommend
> another I would appreciate a reply from you.
>
> As usual; any advise / links would also be appreciated.
>
> Thanks,
> Ryan
>
> --

Like Music?