Re: PHP Framework alternative ...

Robert Cummings wrote:
On Wed, 2006-04-12 at 16:21, Jochem Maas wrote:

no question here but for anyone wanting a totally different take
on php frameworks and some killer code examples ....

take a look at this:
http://toys.lerdorf.com/archives/38-The-no-framework-PHP-MVC-framework.html

Rasmus is just suggesting you build your own framework instead of using
someone elses framework. That way you have the ideal framework for your
own needs by the time you have sufficient projects.

That's how most of us got started on our framework *lol*. Nothing new to
see here... just word mashing to make you think it's not a framework.

oh I got all that alright, I just chucked in the word 'framework' because:

a. I saw a couple of general questions regarding frameworks the last couple
of days/weeks.

b. it's garanteed to stir the pot so to speak ;-)

Out of curiosity, I'm curious where Rasmus stands on Zend's framework?
Or is he not a part of that process?

I second that, and if anyone in the know cares to comment on whether:

a. php will actually implement static late binding
b. Zend Framework's 'DataObject' class will make use of said late binding
to do cool things like Person::findAll( $myFilter ) with out having to actually
implement a findAll method in the Person class (i.e. using a single generic
findAll method defined in whatever DataObject class Person is derived from ).

... please do :-)

I must say that I have questions regarding the 'real' reasons behind
development of the ZF and also question (given the current state/contents of ZF)
whether it's not destined to be JAFW ... not that that's necessarily a bad
thing (plenty of code already in ZF that serves as an excellent primer for
how to write decent [OO] code if nothing else :-)

given your InterJinn codebase you no doubt have an opinion about ZF too,
dare to give your take on it?

Cheers,
Rob.