Re: Ajax please....

Hey,

<clip> There is a misunderstanding here. The X does not necessarily means
generic XML. It may mean XHTML. Anyway, an AJAX request may server any
type of data.

Another point is that AJAX does not mean necessarily using
XMLHttpRequest objects . As you may read in the Wikipedia definition,
many AJAX frameworks use IFrame.
</clip>Hmmmm, I guess I forgot about the X in XHTML, but if you look on the
SEs most of theresults for AJAX come up with X being XML...maybe thats what
the idea was in the beginning?<CLIP>
Other than the fact that ActiveX may be disabled, XMLHttpRequest
objects
are often inneficient and slower. For instance, if you want to execute
some action that may take some time on the server, you cannot give any
progress feedback in the same request because the response of a
XMLHttpRequest is only available to the browser when it is completely
received.</CLIP>
Actually, in my search for AJAX on google, I did find some ways that you can
give the user a waiticon or some feedback while you are doing something in
the background....You might be interested in this:
http://www.sergiopereira.com/articles/prototype.js.html looking viagoogle
you should find other links...also dont forget Gmail has some real good live
working ajaxexamples as you login there including a very good ajax file
upload system...check it out.<clip>> The other thing is, I thought I would
start with something simple but
still
> real world and then work myself up to more complex stuff.... thats

That is why I suggested that to take a look at the test_ajax_form.php
example of this forms package:

http://www.phpclasses.org/formsgeneration</clip>Its on my todo list, I'm
checking out the packages one by one in the same order that suggestionswere
sent to me from the list and from what I found on google.Thanks,Ryan