Re: microtime questions

Brad:

Calm down, I'm simply asking for an explanation

Please tell me where it say "Negative times are expected"?????? I don't see it.

If you will refresh the below link several times, as I asked, you will see it report negative times occasionally.

ttp://www.xn--ovg.com/microtime.php

That's not my imagination, that's fact!

And take a class on Operating System Theroy! If you want a real time OS, then get a real time OS, otherwise realize that although you MAY be executing the same code, it may take different amounts of time to execute that code. That's how scheduling works. If you want performance measurements then take a sample and average them out.

You know, you don't have to be rude. It might pay occasionally for you to try to understand what the person is asking before ranting on about things you have difficulty with.

Telling anyone that they don't know something when you have absolutely no idea of what they do, or don't, know is certainly not the most professional conduct, is it?

However, by your replies we do know is that you have no idea as to what the problem presented actually was, let alone an explanation for it. If you're not going to be helpful, then don't reply. Besides, what's the point?

In contrast to you, Joe Wollard read what I wrote and responded with a helpful answer.

Thank you Joe.

tedd