Re: IF or SWITCH (asinine?)

On Friday 07 April 2006 16:41, tedd wrote:
> Note, it's not actually required to have a variable to be evaluated
> for each case statement. Each case statement stands on it's own
> independent from the evaluation.
>
> This has always worked for me in other languages and I am assuming
> that it works the same in php.
>
> Does anyone disagree or will correct me?
>
> HTH's.
>
> tedd

You are right.  It does work that way.  My opinion just differs in that I
think ELSEIF works better in that situation than SWITCH, and SWITCH is better
for a single value comparison than ELSEIF.

I think that by now people will have been able to form their own conclusions
as to which style they prefer, and either is probably more readable than
putting everyone all on one line :-P

--
Ray Hauge
Programmer/Systems Administrator