Re: Best authentication method for user

IN fact, i would like to have 2 profiles.

1 as common user :
everybody should use this profile, to browse website and execute common
queries.

1 as poweruser :
this profile will require a logon in some ssl webpage. it is use to
update/administrate database.

for sure, people with poweruser profile should log-in, so they will type
login and their password.

however, the users profile do not have any reason to type login and
password, they should only browse the website.
their login and password will be only use to execute stored
procedures/queries.
that's why i would like to find a way how to secure it enough but login and
password should come from somewhere.

the application : a simple MySQL-PHP website for cosmetics services. (so
prices, info, appointment reservation,..)

does it help you ?

Alain