Re: Best authentication method for user

Alain Roger wrote:
 Hi,

I would like to use a secure way how my user is authenticated.
For that i was thinking to use session and register his login and password
as session variable. Like that, when he will need to execute a query he will
not have to type again everything but application will do it alone.

What do you think about that ?

Moreover, it should exist a default user with which, everybody will be able
to execute some basic queries.

i was thinking to store this login and password in hardcoding in some text
file that will be used at the first web page (some file that i will include
in my PHP code).... after everything will be managed by PHP sessions and
variables.

i know that hardcoding is not the best secured solution, but really default
user should not enter his login and password. So how can i do that ?

What exactly is your application doing? We can't really give much advice if we don't know what it's for.

--
Postgresql & php tutorials
http://www.designmagick.com/