PDO, Persistent Connections

Hi,

I have a little unusual question, we are currently looking into the new PDO
extension with PHP5.1. We are currently use Mysql, InnoDB and transactions.

What we would like to know if we use the PDO extension and persistent
connections, can we start a Transaction on one page and then commit it from
another separate page by carrying the PDO object through a php session? Thus
preventing php from automatically closing that specific DB connection.  The
reason for this we use remote connections to the Database.

Any thoughts or comments if i have missed the boat completely

Regards
Jarratt