Re: PHP and Connection: Close

Chris Shiflett wrote:
Chris wrote:

If you're doing an exit() or die() or the script stops executing
that's like you closing the connection - so apache is going to
close the connection (as it should).

The connection Jon is talking about is the TCP connection, just in case that's not clear. I'm not sure what connection you're talking about. He has already explained persistent connections pretty well, I think, and I encourage you to try for yourself using his test (I corrected the HTTP to be compliant):

$ telnet <domain> 80
GET / HTTP/1.1
Host: <domain>

Rinse. Repeat.

This requires that the server supports persistent connections, of course, but his does. (It also requires that you "beat" the keep-alive timeout, so you might want to use copy/paste.)

Yeh, he emailed me off list and corrected me :) I don't run my servers with keepalives on so completely forgot about that particular option..

Back to the hidey-hole!

--
Postgresql & php tutorials
http://www.designmagick.com/