Re: Paypal IPN and PHP

On Sun, Mar 19, 2006 at 06:41:54PM +0000, Richard Davey wrote:
> On 19 Mar 2006, at 18:32, Leonard Burton wrote:
>
> >I am putting together an site and will accept payments via Paypal's
> >IPN.  I have came across many classes for this so I am curious if
> >anyone has any recommendations?
>
> Isn't there a full proper PayPal API now? IPN hasn't changed in ages,
> but I don't think it is their preferred way of accessing PayPal any
> more, and certainly isn't the most streamlined.

Yeah, they have their new Payment Pro system which has a gateway
API. I dont think they have any preference over the other.

One of the biggest advantages with IPN is you dont have to worry
about handling credit card numbers and how you are securily
handling them.  But then again like you said it is a bit clunkly to
add to a payment system, and if paypal somehow fails you have to
jump through hoops to figure out what happened and what to do next.

Curt.
--
cat .signature: No such file or directory