Re: HIgh score not up to scratch

Mark wrote:
Any help Here:

At the moment this shows a USERNAME-COMPETITION and POINTS for a user with the highest points out of many competitions.

The USERS also have a second points field (acc_margin) where lower score is better. So my problem is that i need to show the highest scoring user (by points) then if there is another user with the exact same points then the user with the lowest (acc_margin) is shown.

HERE IS THE TABLE:

      Field Type Null Default
      id   int(11) No
      user_id   int(11) No  0
      comp_id   int(11) No  0
      username   text No
      points   int(11) No  0
      amt   float No  0
      margin   int(11) No  0
      acc_margin   int(11) No  0

I had a similar question earlier that i was helped with but i cant seem make it work here:
(here it is)

SELECT * FROM leaderboard WHERE comp_id = $comp_id ORDER by points DESC, acc_margin ASC

What was wrong with this result? ie what did it show and what did you expect it to show? This looks right to me.

--
Postgresql & php tutorials
http://www.designmagick.com/