Re: PHP/CSS/Javascript question

 >Hi all,

Is it possible to modify a table using JavaScript to control CSS
visabilty when the entire table is developed dynamically using PHP?

Thanks,
Paul

Satyam said:

You don't need to change the CSS (I don't even know if it is possible), but you can change specific styles of any element within the HTML. For example:

Yes, it's just a text file -- it can be re-written. However, it needs to be loaded again to take affect.

document.getElementById('IdOfDivContainingTable').style.display='none';

It is particularly usefull to enclose whichever set of elements that you wish to change into a single entity, a DIV or SPAN, if at all possible.

That's the main principle of ajax, isn't it? Using DOM to apply changes within the document. It might be old-hat to most, but I find it fascinating.

Styles assigned in this way have precedence over those from a style sheet

The precedence is simply inheritance -- last stated is applied.

tedd