Re: LDAP and Single Sign On MORE THOUGHTS

I've got a bit lost on this, but assuming that we are talking about an
intranet enviornment, with windows/IE6 clients, and apache servers, then
personally:

I would check logins based on a valid session. If the user doesn't have a
session they aren't logged in. Store the username in the session variable.
PHP session variables are AFAIK designed to be hard to detect and fake.

Any code that is run under a http:// website ( as opposed to an ssl or
https:// one ), reads the session(ie does not write to it). Any
authentication should be done using a script accessed over https, protected
by mod_auth_kerb.

The http:// script would be accessed by the person when they first access
the protected site. The protected site would detect that the user is not
logged in, and redirect them to the authentication site(which is behind
mod_auth_kerb, and https), which would create the session, and redirect the
user back, to the page where they originally tried to access.