Re: include not working properly?

robert mena wrote:
Hi,
Thanks. it worked.
Since I have a common server where various virtualhosts reside what would you recommend in terms of security?

1. don't let assholes on your box.
2. read http://phpsec.org

safemode and openbase_dir are primarily designed to protected
legitimate users of a server from screwing around with each others stuff...
if you are the only user (or only team/company) putting stuff on the
given box then it would be fair to say that setting up security in order
to protect yourself from [malicious] yourself is rather silly. i.e.
it's attacks from outside (sql injection, XSS, session spoofing/fixation)
you should be more worried about.

and if your managing lots of paying (hosting) customers - heck buy something
like Plesk and save yourself lots of grief. JMO

PHP 6.0.0 seems to be at least a year ahead and frankly I would probably only upgrade after a couple of .0.x releases.

yeah but you might as well keep your code as forward compatible as possible -
saves headaches further down the road.

rgds,